By “guidelines” we mean follow them. Submissions that don’t meet these guidelines will be declined without being read. Sorry if we seem harsh but we’re operating much the same as traditional literary journals.
NOTE: All submissions to TWR will be considered for The Anna Boswell Memorial Prize for Young Writers. For more information, please go to our prize page.
- Submissions for issue #3 will be accepted from February 1st, 2016 through April 30th, 2016. Issue #3 will be published in May 2016.
- Ages 13-19 may submit–our goal is to feature the best in teen writing & give them a space to publish.
- All submissions should be in a 12 point, standard font (i.e. Arial, Times New Roman, etc.).
- If submitting poetry, please submit no more than three poems at a time, and no more than 10 pages. If submitting multiple poems, please submit them as ONE file.
- If submitting Fiction or Creative Nonfiction, please limit your stories to 5,000 words or less.
- Please wait until you hear back from us before you submit again. Multiple submissions will not be read. Just don’t do it.
- All submissions should be in .doc, .docx, or pdf formats.
- All submissions are READ BLIND, so please refrain from including ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION in the document containing your work.
- Please include a cover letter with a third-person bio of 50 words or less.
- Here is an example of the type of cover letter bio we’re looking for: John Johnson is a senior at Random Community High School and plans to study Biology in college. He enjoys water-skiing, time traveling, and mowing the lawn. Additionally, he works part-time at his local coal mine, which is his main inspiration.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted; please withdraw your work promptly if it is accepted elsewhere.
- We do not accept previously published work.